CANROP is made up of amazing women living, working, producing and doing a range of different things. We would like you to get to know the members of CANROP chapters. This week lets meet Martha Smith – a member of the Bahamas Network of Rural Women Producers.
1. What is your name, location and CANROP chapter
Martha Smith . Bahamas Chapter
2. Are you a producer, if so what products do you produce?
Yes. I produce Straw Bags, Shell Brouches, Jewelry (Sand, seeds), Herbal Teas
3. Describe your local environment?
My local environment is rich in natural resources
4. What are the biggest challenges you face in your daily work?
Access to markets
5. What do you enjoy most about your work?
Passing on Knowledge to others
6. What do you do in your spare time?
I am always busy creating my crafts and assisting others. Hence I do not have any spare time
7. What would you do to improve the lives of rural women in your country?
Empower them so that they will be able to make decisions for themselves.